I started by cutting off the sleeves, leaving just enough excess to turn under and finish off the new sleeveless openings with a straight stitch.
There was a bunch of excess on each side, so I turned the shirt inside out and pinned it up.
|A little bit too big for me|
I gave it a straight stitch up the side, then trimmed the excess.
To make sure that the shirt wound up even, I folded over the completed side and marked the line on the other side.
Before stitching it up, I tore the care instruction tag out of the old seam and pinned it on the new seam.
|This is the last picture I took of the process…|
I think I got into vacation mode at this point because I stopped taking pictures…I tried on the shirt at this point, and it wound up a bit too tight to end up a dress, so I cut the few extra inches off bottom and left it raw since you don’t have to hem jersey fabric.
It has now become an awesome shirt that I wear way too often from April to August.
UPDATE: You can see this shirt again in my post about our recent trip to New York. Also, the sleeve makes an appearance in this refashion for a doll!