In Week 4 of my $75 One Room Challenge, I finally pulled out my wallet to purchase supplies and materials. I spent nearly all my budget this week, but it went a long way in making a difference in the room. The floor and light fixture both got a makeover that brought them into this century!
Week three of the one room challenge saw another free change in the form of paint. The ceiling, walls, and trim all got a few coats of paint, and combined with the painted vanity and hardware, the room is starting to come together!!
During September’s 30 Projects in 30 Days, I checked so many items off of the ever-expanding to-do list – 30, to be precise, in case you were wondering – but that barely put a dent in it. So I’m going to continue whittling it down, tackling one thing at a time and sharing my progress on the blog on (most) Tuesdays.
I’m back this week with progress in our blank slate of a powder room. My goal for week 2 of the one room challenge was to paint the vanity cabinets and hardware, towel and toilet paper holders, and doorknobs. Today I’m sharing my (Free!) DIY vanity update.
With a little bit of paint and perseverance – and $75 – I’m tackling a long-overdue DIY powder room update! My goal is to completely transform our 1980s downstairs bathroom with a floor-to-ceiling makeover during this fall’s One Room Challenge.
The final days of the 30 Projects in 30 Days challenge really snuck up on me. Fortunately, my month of September miraculously lasted 35 days! All 30 projects I set out to complete have now been checked off the list.
I don’t know why (in my head, anyway) I had to leave our master bathroom untouched until a full renovation made its way to the top of the project list. A shocking 8.5 years went by before I realized this was a really stupid idea that was just preventing us from enjoying the space we have. For week 3 of the #30projectsin30days challenge, I focused my attention on giving this sorry excuse for a master bathroom a long-overdue facelift.