The Mister got me this dry erase board for Christmas, and it was just a bit plain. I had the perfect place to hang it right between my giant bulletin/magnet board and the door to my sewing room, but I wanted to jazz it up a bit first. I thought of one of the first things I pinned on Pinterest when I joined it a couple of years ago and decided to do something similar. So I pulled out some spools that were leftover from various other projects and got to work.
|Magnet board before|
I started out with a scrap piece of wood from a previous project that was about an inch larger than the board on each side and the top to allow a backdrop for the thread spools. I spray painted it white in case any showed through after the spools were attached.
Next, I needed to determine where to drill holes in the wood so I could hang up my board. I put two dabs of red paint on the back of the dry erase board and laid it down on the back of the wood so they would leave a mark where the holes needed to go.
|The final arrangement – ready for glue!|
Here’s the breakdown of the project:
- Time: 1-2 hours, plus paint and glue drying time
- Cost: ~$7
And there you have it! Thanks for stopping by!